9/30/2005

Kung-Fu Fighting

So I'm sitting in my office, minding my own business and trying to look very busy (note to those who need a tip: playing online Sudoku makes you look busy because it's a good combination of clicking and typing and deep thought - furrowed brow and everything!). It's still kind of early - so there's only the quiet hum of the flourescent lights above and the A/C vent pfiffling cold air into my office and necessitating, as always, the ratty sweater.

Content in my quiet little cocoon of quiet and fun, I am startled awake by:

"HEE-YAW!" (pause) "Everybody was Kung-Fu Fighting....hee-yaw."

I just about died laughing.

See...we have this one guy in our office who walks around and, without any warning, will break out into song. Loudly.

Apparantly he just got in. And apparantly Kung-Fu Fighting is his song of the day. All in all, not a bad choice, though my sister-in-law has a little battery operated hampster that sings that song and whirls little plastic numchucks when you squeeze his paw. So of course that image is now superimposed over this particular co-worker.

Ahhh...Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment