11/22/2005

Confessions from the CD Aisle

Just got Madonna's new CD (yeah yeah I know...but it was only $12...and I really like the song they're playing on the radio.) In all, good disc. A lot of the tracks sound kinda like a few of the other tracks, but, she still puts out a good bunch of music and, frankly, I'm glad to see her return to what she does well (dance music) and get off the whole artistic kick she's been on. I did think it's funny that apparantly her husband du jour doesn't like her music. If you can believe the gossip columns.

I watched my DVRd CSI:Miami tonight then, like a good little flunkie, ran to my computer to watch the "special extended ending" at cbs.com. Wow. What a con. I can't believe I was gullible enough to sit through that extended Hummer commercial. Cause have no doubt - it has very little to do with CSI and only serves as a vehicle (ahem..pun intended) for Hummer to try and get you to mention Hummer over and over again whenever you think of CSI:Miami. Did I mention Hummer sponsored it? Just making sure. Got it? Ok.

What a Hummer of a commercial.

Ok, I'm stopping.

In other random happenings - I had a conference call this afternoon that was supposed to take place at 3:30. So I dutifully called in on my cell from the carpool and was subjected to conference call Muzak (which is worse than elevator or department store Muzak). I sat. And I waited. And I thought about the minutes that I was paying for to sit and listen to really bad music. And I wondered if I could get a refund from the silly company for making me do this. And after 10 minutes, I hung up. Then I called my so called "manager" (what a joke...on so many levels) and he wasn't there (shock, gasp, surprise, horror) and left him a voicemail to the effect that I waited and no one was there, did he reschedule the meeting without mentioning it to me? (Cause that is a very plausible thing considering his typical behavior.) And so we continuted driving home. About 20 minutes later, the big wig calls my cell to chew me out for not being on the conference bridge. But oh, did I mention THEY WERE JUST GETTING AROUND TO STARTING! 30 minutes later. I was supposed to sit there on my cell phone pissing away my minutes because they couldn't be bothered to let me know they were running late? Whatever. Anyway, for all that, the call was a humongous waste of time. Anyone surprised? Anyone? Didn't think so.

Then when I got home, after listening to the new CD (which really is quite good - did I mention that?) I went upstairs to make supper only to find that the turkey, which I dutifully put in the fridge to defrost (rather than dumping it in the sink Wednesday night like I usually do) had started defrosting...all over the refridge. Yes, good ol me the rocket scientist didn't think to put the turkey in something so all the yummy defrosting juice dribbled all over the rest of the fridge. On the positive side - the fridge needed to be cleaned and now it has been. But that's what I get for trying to follow the rules. Next year - in the sink on Wednesday it goes! (Well maybe not. We'll see.)

And that, my friends, is a very random post. Have at it. Oh - and if you need to hear something awesomely cool - listen to this mashup that my friend made. His brother has some cool ones as well, and is more prolific for all that, but Matt's is very cool. Go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment