1/30/2006

Who are you and what did you do to my iPod?

I think it's one of those days when everything, and I mean literally everything is against me. Case in point: even my iPod hates me today.

I thought to myself, "Self. Listen to some music to soothe yourself after this latest episode of stupidity (on which I will blog when I get home - some things you just don't blog about at work)." So I put my happy little white earbuds into my ears and hit shuffle.

Now, I grant you, there is some stuff on my iPod that I dislike. It's stuff that belongs to Tim or that we've collected as various gifts from people that, for whatever reason, manages to stay on our little MP3 server at home (which is my iTunes library for the iPod.) But usually when I hit shuffle I only have to skip maybe every 25th song. Not bad, all things considered.

Today I've been able to listen to about every 25th song.

I have a few questions:
-How the heck did we end up with music by the Mamas and the Papas?
-What imp of the perverse follows up really pretty Gregorian chants (that are recorded at a fairly quiet level - that's a little annoying in and of itself) with Metallica (which, oh btw, is recorded at a really loud level)?
-There is country music on my iPod. Who is responsible for this and what is their preferred method of execution?

I can see I'm going to have to go purge stuff tonight cause this is just ridiculous.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:10 PM

    Serious infractions in my book!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, very serious. Tim claims innocence, but I've got my eye on him. ;)

    Sad thing is, I was too busy to weed stuff out last night, so today will probably be more of the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:30 PM

    Ooh, ouch! I can't shuffle on my ipod...my taste is too random and unpredictable, as is yours (or Tim's ;-).

    ReplyDelete