2/24/2006

Various Friday Housekeeping Things

Happy Friday! Why is it that short weeks are always so long?

First off, Bloggin Outloud has a cool Daily Brew on the definiton of a hero. Go check it out.

Next, there will indeed be a poetry contest again this weekend. I have some fun in mind. I'll post details later today. As a hint to get you all jazzed and excited about it (cause I know you're just all dying to find out): you may need a garrett.

Finally, a quick update on the mandatory fun. It wasn't horrible. It's certainly not how I'd choose to spend tons of my weeknights, but it was better than the "holiday party" (if only because the drinks were free). If the new grand poo-bah manages to do even 1/2 of the things he talked about, then it's possible that life at work should be improving soon. I did think it was humorous that he's clearly been reading this book. I have read that book and drooled at some of the concepts and thoughts expressed - so we'll see. I don't know if it's truly a realistic possibility or it was a "one shot" kind of deal, but if we actually try, it may be an interesting ride.

3 comments:

  1. True. Very, very true. We've seen where that leads us. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the poo-bah hasnt been reading this book

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:32 AM

    Mandatory Fun is almost never fun. :p But hopefully the new Grand Poo-bah will get his act together.

    ReplyDelete