3/16/2006

In which beth finds a replacement for Independence Air

Life has once again settled back into happiness. I have been mourning the loss of Independence Air at the beginning of this year. They were such an awesome airline. Affordable flights, friendly personnel (who were actually like real people, sense of humor and everything), and their planes. Ah their planes. The seats were a reasonable size. The leg room was pleasant. The online booking was a joy to use. But alas, they went belly up. Such is the airline industry.

So, I have been shopping around for a new low-fare carrier that doesn't think that just because you don't want to pay a ton for airfare that you should then be relegated to cattle status. I had heard good things about Spirit, so I tried them. Never again. I've already tried ATA and AirTran and they're ok, but they suffer from the same kinds of issues Spirit has. But today, today I found Jet Blue.

Jet Blue rocks. The only negative thing I can find to say is that I had to go to Dulles, which is by far my least favorite airport. But the rest...it might as well have been Independence Air and, while I feel like I'm cheating a little to say this, it's actually a little better. They have TV in the back of every seat, people. And - get this - they actually give you chips (or your choice of about 5 other snacks.) No, it's not a meal, but let's have a show of hands. Who actually liked airline food?

So now, if they fly where I'm going, I will most likely use Jet Blue (though I am still a bit of a price weenie, so if they stop being at least comparable I probably will have to go look elsewhere). They come with beth's 5-WingPin seal of approval.

3 comments:

  1. I don't fly a ton (though it sure seems like I've been flying a lot this month), though I used to travel 3 weeks out of 4 for my job. I grew to despise it at that point in my life. That's been a while, so I'm not back to generally enjoying it (though there are moments...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:10 PM

    Is your blog on the fritz? You haven't posted since Thursday!!! I miss reading you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:11 PM

    Oh and by the way...what do you mean by "rambling" next to my blog link? Are you saying I'm a rambler? Huh? Huh? Huh?

    Darn, I think you've got me figured out.

    :)

    ReplyDelete