3/15/2006

Just another example of why Micro$oft is Evil

I've been beating my head against this particular brick wall for about a week now. Today, inspiration finally struck and I was able to get this retarded Plumtree Portal (oh yes, Plumtree is also evil, even if it's not Micro$oft) to do what I've been trying to tell it to do. So end result is that it takes this lovely webservice and displays the html in a handy little box on the user pages (called a portlet).

Except that the html is basically floating over the top of the portal header and other important buttons that now you can't access because there's this dumb html floating over top of it.

Thankfully, this took me only a few minutes to fix (with a lunch break for thinking in there as well) -- but this is where we see the evilness of MS. Since I developed my happy little webservice in Visual Studio, Microsoft, oh-so-helpfully added absolute positioning commands to all my html tags. With pixel notations and everything. So the portal couldn't grab it and tell it where to display because dear old Bill superceded it with his dumb absolute position tags.

However, it's now working and, if I say so myself, is looking mighty fine. (I have to say so myself. No one else will think to.)

No comments:

Post a Comment