5/06/2006

Dinner Out

Tonight we had dinner with the Speaks'. It was a ton of fun, Jen and Beau are neat people and Tim and I enjoyed it quite a bit and are looking forward to a repeat event soonishly. :) I hadn't been to Generous George's in quite a while - since high school, I think (maybe in college cause Tim said he thought I'd taken him there one time). Regardless, the pizza (and pasta pie!) was as yummy as I remembered (though I was sad not to get the enormous chalice for my drink - I think they were out as I saw some people had them - though the mini-pitchers were fun as well). And then, as if good food and great conversation was not enough, we went to Starbucks for dessert.

That makes 2 Iced Vanilla Lattes in one day. Mmmm.

(This morning I stopped off for an iced vanilla latte as I had to get up early to go to an appointment before pottery class and I had some spare time in between the two so I figured why not? I hardly get Starbucks anymore since there aren't any near my office. So it was an especially cool treat - doubling up just made it even more fun! And Tim and I shared a black bottom cupcake for dessert tonight.)

11 comments:

  1. What is a black bottom cupcake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoyed the evening as well. Thanks for meeting with us. We will need to plan on the next time.

    And my raspberry white mocha was also my second of the day. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dual Starbucks days are just good days, Jen. :)

    Rach - a blackbottom cupcake is a chocolate cupcake with a cheesecake top. Truly a decadent delight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:19 PM

    I haven't been to Generous George's since college. I took Chuck but the place had really run-down. I thought they closed the one in Springfield. Was this a different one, or did they move it?

    I used to love the pasta-pizzas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! I see why you chose that then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle - this was the original one in Alexandria (they did close the one in Annandale closer to school). It's been cleaned up quite a bit - fresh paint, etc. Still very kitschy, but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, cool! I'm glad you guys found some time to get together. The 'sphere isn't really so big, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was very cool, Gwynne - and I did have the "It's a Small World" song in my head for a little while - esp. given how Beau knows Lyn(don). :) Just a teeny, tiny place, our world. Anyway, a blast was had by (hopefully) all and Tim and I are jazzed about doing it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yeah, we definitely enjoyed the evening and look forward to the next time. Yesterday we lamented that you're close but not quite close enough for the opportunities of spontaneous social gatherings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jen, feel free to call for spontaneous outings - Tim and I have been known to drive further for less. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How about to Texas or LA to see me? hehe

    ReplyDelete