5/02/2006

I need a blue sky holiday

So...that song has been stuck in my head all day and, as it would turn out, I did have a bad day. Ah well. If you're going to have one, you might as well sing about it, right?

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that the vacation escapism is in full swing. And I'm really close to going back to complaining about my job. Really. Close. Really. Really. Close.

Except that I do understand that I'm incredibly lucky to have one. So maybe I'll suck it up. Or maybe you'll get yet another post about how I'm spending all my time cleaning up the code of someone who gets praised up, down and sideways for how awesome a coder is, yet the customer is really, seriously ticked about the fact that nothing he delivered actually works. Yeah.

In other random news - I slugged home today in a Toyota Matrix. It was actually a pretty roomy back seat. I was impressed. They look tiny from the outside, but inside - well, let's just say I may nominate the Matrix for the next version of the TARDIS. Should they ever decide to veer away from the blue box idea.

And beyond that - if you want to know how to tell when it's time to update the prescription in your sunglasses - it might have something to do with putting them on and feeling like you grew an extra 5 or 6 feet and that your feet feel like they're waaaaay far away, and the sidewalks are curvy looking. On the other hand, it was kind of cool to walk to the slug line while feeling like I was in the fun house at the circus.

3 comments:

  1. Know what you mean about vacation escapism having just been through all of that!!! I also enjoyed the actual holiday - Well deserved I think! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! :) We get a day off at the end of this month - I'm very much looking forward to it. Until then, I may do a mental vacation post today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is, thus far, a better day, thanks Dawn! :) Playing hooky on Friday with your hubs sounds like a great idea. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete