9/25/2006

10 Things My Parents Taught Me

Gwynne tagged me for this - and it's a worthwhile thing (though perhaps difficult in narrowing it down to just 10). Thus, in no particular order:

  1. No matter what you're doing, no matter what the stakes - even if you're only doing something for yourself - give 110% and do it as unto the Lord.
  2. Don't blindly follow the herd. Know why you're choosing to do the things you do.
  3. Be true to who you are, even if it means you're not the most popular in the room.
  4. Remember Whose you are. Especially when it means you're not the most popular in the room.
  5. Never be ashamed of your abilities.
  6. Find joy in learning new things.
  7. Life isn't fair, don't waste time whining about it.
  8. Love is a choice, not an emotional state.
  9. Be hospitable, even when you don't feel like it.
  10. Count your blessings often and be grateful for them.

3 comments:

  1. That's an amazing list! I think I'll print it out and hang it on the refrigerator. ;-)

    And I nearly forgot, I guess one of your parents is Lyndon's brother or sister. So no wonder you got all the valuable lessons! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:49 PM

    what great lessons your parents taught you! Sounds like you have awesome parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gwynne & Dawn, I did have good parents. :) Most of the time growing up I even recognized it.

    ReplyDelete