6/27/2007

Unexpected Grace

I've been feeling rather down lately about the whole adoption thing lately. You might have noticed. And it's been intruding on more of my life than I'd really like to admit. It's responsible for a good chunk of the lack of interesting posting that's been happening around here, as well as the procrastination with homework, general laziness as far as housework, and an overall attitude of bleh.

My mom, as part of her work, interacts with folks in the adoption world as well. Monday she had a visit from a lady who works at the agency we're working with (if you use the term "working" loosely, since to date our profile has been shown to no one.) She called later that afternoon to pass along some of the information she'd gotten, including the fact that they've placed 12 babies this year. It just happens that they're all biracial. So our profile hasn't been shown because we just don't feel equipped to handle a biracial adoption. It was discouraging and frustrating and made me want to just give up on the whole idea all over again.

I declared last night a night off from work and spent some time catching up on my DVRd shows while Tim puttered around being productive and trying to tick off some things on his to-do list. And then the phone rang.

And it was an adoption attorney who knows an adoption attorney who we know who wanted to know if we'd like to be presented (as 1 of 3 or 4 couples) for a birth mom and dad near her. The few details we have sound almost too perfect to be true, and I'm trying to keep in mind that we haven't been chosen and even if we are chosen, it's a long time til the due date and a lot can change. We won't know anything for probably two weeks, and I wasn't going to say anything here, but y'all can pray and I'd love it if you would.

And regardless of how it turns out, this phone call was a ray of hope that my heart needed more than I realized.


1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.

2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Psalm 40: 1-3(a)

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:52 PM

    Oh Beth I will def keep you in my prayers. Don't give up! Please keep us updated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course you are both in my prayers. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:51 PM

    Hundreds of prayers coming your way! I hope that everything works out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:31 PM

    Sending up a prayer right this minute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely prayer coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:15 PM

    Praying! And glad to hear you got a ray of sunshine break through a dark time.

    ReplyDelete