7/27/2007

It's an email....not the Great American Novel!

I'm so irritated with my one professor I could just about strangle someone (preferably the prof.) Other than one professor in college (and that was only in one class), I have never had such a horrible experience with just getting a freaking grade for an assignment out of someone.

The situation is this: big final project was due the first week of July; slightly smaller paper in the other class with this prof was due last week on Friday. The semester ends on 1 August. Final grades go out that date. Idiot professor just posted to the class that because final grades can't go out til 1 August, grades for the projects won't be sent out until then either because they're in the same email.

Um.

How hard is it to send two emails, really? I send emails all the time. In fact, I sent multiple emails to this professor trying to find out if there would ever be any answer to my question tendered or if the invitation to ask questions was simply to make us feel better because we asked and not because there was an intention to actually provide responses. I can vouch that it's not terribly taxing to send two emails: one today and one next Wednesday.

Cause here's the thing - if there was a need to challenge the assignment grade, because it's coming at the same time as the final grade (a month after turning the dang thing in), you're now in a situation where you have to contest the final grade too. Cause it was submitted already and everything.

Why is it that every school where I have taught there have been strict requirements about timeframes for turning around assignments, yet every school that I have attended has been significantly lacking in same?

Grr grr grr grr grr!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:08 PM

    If you get to evaluate him, I'd put that in the comments! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it has been done. :) I was polite and professional, but I also made it clear that she's got to shape up! Not that I think they actually care about these things.

    ReplyDelete