4/23/2008

Because Jim Tagged Me...Awhile Ago

So...I kept meaning to do this meme that Jim had tagged me for - and hey! Now I can think of nothing to blog, so, voila! Instant meme. (Funny aside: I used to play the viola - so I always have to respell voila. Cause, well, my fingers automagically spell viola instead.)

The rules are:

  1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
  2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
  3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
  4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
And on with the questions:
1. What was I doing 10 years ago. In 1998, around this time of year, I left my job at a largeish (well, large for South Carolina) software company and began teaching at one of the state community colleges.

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today? I should have done this this morning, but regardless, they are/were:
  • Go to Costco
  • Mow the lawn
  • Grade my class
  • Play with the baby
  • Have my regularly scheduled live chat with my class.
3. Snacks I enjoy:
  • Doritos (any type)
  • Plums
  • Guacamole
  • My $40 cookies (I'll have to remember to post a recipe for these some time, but seriously they're not cheap to make. Still...they're awesome.)
4. Things I would do if I was a billionaire. Like Jim, I'm having a hard time envisioning that amount of money, still here are just a few (in no particular order):
  • Live off the interest
  • Travel
  • Set up a foundation at my college to cover tuition for young women entering computer science and/or employ a female computer science professor
  • Make sure my family is taken care of financially
  • Fund the idea that our family has had for a business for awhile
  • Set up a foundation for pregnancy centers to get grants to cover medical costs for women who would choose abortion solely because they can't afford to give birth
  • Adopt lots and lots more kids
5. Three of my bad habits:
  • Being pessimistic
  • Using little slips of paper to floss between two teeth in the back of my mouth that always catch food
  • Procrastinating when it comes to folding/putting away laundry or ironing
6. 5 Places I have lived:
  • Los Alamos, New Mexico
  • Annandale, Virginia
  • Wheaton, Illinois
  • Columbus, Georgia
  • Columbia, South Carolina
7. 5 Jobs I have had:
  • High school math/computer teacher / JV Cheerleading Coach
  • Software Engineer
  • Church Secretary
  • College computer science teacher
  • Mommy
8. 5 people I want to know more about (ok, the original wording was Peeps...but those will always be little marshmallow chickens, so I'm going with people)...Um...you! The first five of you! (Is that a cop out? That would be next bad habit that didn't make the list then.)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:38 PM

    Yes, that is a cop-out. Although I almost did the same thing.

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://lynellen.blogspot.com/2008/04/unnamed-meme.html

    ReplyDelete