4/21/2008

The Best Medicine

Saturday night, in desperate need of a break from the final project that is harassing him, as well as the allergies that are, frankly, kicking his butt, Tim thought some R&R was in order. And it was this that led us to watch Fido. I have to admit right now I only agreed to it because I was trying to humor the sickie - but sometimes humoring the sickie is a good thing. This is one of those times.

Fido is quite possibly the most amusing movie I've seen in a long time. It is an unashamedly B movie - as all good zombie movies are - and yet it's studded with a cast of well knowns who you wouldn't necessarily see as comedic actors if you stopped to think about it.

I'm not sure that you can really recap a movie like Fido - it's simply a wonderful bout of zombie kitsch that shouldn't be missed out on by anyone. There are already several lines that have worked their way into our dictionary of quotations, and I suspect more will come with repeated viewing (because, oh yes, there will be repeated viewing).

Six head coffins out of Five. Yeah, it's that good.

4 comments:

  1. As good as Shawn of the Dead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now Shawn of the Dead was definitely a campy movie. :) I loved the record-throwing scene. Just too, too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. R and R is all good! I did that on Friday night too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - oh yes - it was a horror hootenanny!
    Here is the link to the movie site - http://www.fidothefilm.com/

    AND REMEMEBER! NO TEETH!

    ReplyDelete