6/13/2008

Because I Have Text Messages I Never Use

I signed up for Twitter.

Well, actually, it's a funny story:

See, a new Wegman's opened near our house on Sunday. Sad as it is, I got pretty excited about the prospect. Yes. I was excited about a grocery store. Hush.

Anyway, my sister and I decided that we would make a little sojourn to see what the fuss was all about.

This place is foodie heaven. They actually sell truffles. Right there in a locked case in the veggie area. For $699.99 a pound.

Ahem.

So, upon seeing the truffles and then all the different types of tomatoes and potatoes I realized that I needed to blog about Wegman's. And then I thought -- ooh, Twitter. So I called Tim, and though he rolled his eyes so loudly that I felt the earth tilt on its axis, he set up a twitter account for me. And the rest is very recent history.

Now, you can find me tweeting here, or on the sidebar (under Rockin' Robin -- get it?)

Though after all that, I didn't end up tweeting much at the store -- too much to look at. But I bought strawberry champagne cheddar. So that makes it all ok.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Wegmans cult. I was excited for you when we got the coupon book because I knew you would LOVE Wegmans.

    Do be shy about buying their brand of anything. Far superior to any other generic or store brand across the board and in some cases we think they're better than major brands. We definitely get their salad dressings and marinades - awesome stuff.

    After the newness of it has worn off, skip the gourmet section and just go straight to the regular groceries - no sense in getting bogged down by the valkyries (as my father calls them) who hang out in the gourmet section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, good to know about their store brands. :) I'm sure the newness will eventually wear off...but honestly...all that gourmet goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you didnt text me? Sigh... Fine... Nothing but "Giant" food for ya'll next time you are over.... I am sure they have some "toll-fulls" there as well for only 6.99 a pound!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:24 PM

    I'm following you.

    Be afraid. Be very afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And now I'm following you, Jim...hahahahaha! :)

    Rodney...yeah, like you splurge for Giant. All you get us is Bloom. :)

    ReplyDelete