8/20/2009

Ponderances

Last night I went to see Julie & Julia in the theater with a friend and her friend who was in town visiting. It was a delightful, charming movie. The cast was fantastic and the scene changes between Julia Child's time and Julie in 2002 were seamless. Beyond that the story was simply charming. It left you with a happy, contented feeling - and that's an unusual thing to leave a theater with these days. (Or at least, that's been my experience lately.) I'm looking forward to it coming out on DVD as it's something I'll definitely be purchasing and I see it becoming a favorite very quickly thereafter.

At the same time, we're back in the ebb phase of my PhD and honestly, I'm not sure I have the ability to deal with the mood changes of the IRB. Sufficient to say that right now, it's all off and I'm not sure what's going to happen. I have 4 days to withdraw and get a refund from this semester's tuition (and put in for a deferral so that I'd have a semester to figure out what I'm doing - either choose a new idea and get started on a new idea paper or realize that this degree is just simply not in the cards for me and move on. Right now I'm not sure that I could tell you that I care one way or the other. I'm just so incredibly frustrated.

Beyond that, I find myself struggling with some serious ennui and I'm not sure exactly how to pull myself out of it. This, in itself, is frustrating in the extreme. It's irritating to have the logical side of your brain berating the rest of you for feeling the way you feel. It certainly doesn't help you feel better. Yet there it is.

For now, I think maybe it's time to go take a nap.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! I don't know how you've put up with the IRB as long as you have. I'm sorry this is happening again.

    ReplyDelete