1/21/2010

Random Tidbits

I was going to try and string this all into something more interesting than bullets but...well...I didn't.

  • Today was the doodle's 2 year well baby. He's doing great - very smart, very verbal, his weight is finally catching up with his height. (Of course that probably means I should get ready for my in-laws to start on me about how I should be careful that he doesn't get fat.)
  • We did the MMR today. I pushed it off a year just because I wanted to make sure he was developing as he should be before foisting all that into him. Of course, it probably would have gone over more smoothly if I'd remembered to bring his binky. Poor baby.
  • I washed the bath mats from the powder room and the master bath together yesterday. This is usually what I do (and have done a number of times). I also always wash them on hot. So I'm unclear why yesterday the aubergine powder room bath mats decided to bleed all over the sky blue master bedroom bath mats. On the positive side, the place where I spilled hair dye on the master bedroom mats is considerably less obvious on a purple mat than it was when the mat was sky blue.
  • I think it's probably time to bite the bullet and start potty training. He's more than ready and so very excited about sitting on the big potty. It's really been me dragging my feet - but it's probably better with something like this to strike while the iron is hot.
  • Why, in a culture basically devoid of blacksmiths, do we still use the phrase "strike while the iron is hot"?
  • I've been re-reading the "In Death" books by Nora Roberts (writing as JD Robb) and for whatever reason on this go through it's been striking me how very often (like at least twice in each book) Roarke sticks his hands in his pockets when it's just been made clear that he's not wearing pants.
  • Then I start trying to decide whether or not it would be convenient or just freaky to have pockets in my hips.
  • I think I'm going to try and convince Tim that we need to take the kiddo to this this weekend...he's mad for trains. Thomas in particular.
  • I realize the "he" in the above is ambiguous...it works fine either way.
  • My class is coming to an end - this last batch of students is the worst in recent memory. I will not be sad to see them go. Happily, I'm not teaching the same class next term, so I won't be the one getting the majority of them back.

3 comments:

  1. I'd never noticed that! I'll probably be thinking about this when Death in fantasy comes out later this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the toilet training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, you know...we did a bit this morning and now he's back in a diaper. I just am not sure if he's ready. Then again, maybe I'm just not ready. Either way, I feel like a dork for being so on the fence about it. :)

    ReplyDelete