5/25/2011

Failing to Plan

In January, or thereabout, I got my smartphone. Thinking that I was so smart now, I decided to move my calendar away from the happy little spiral calendar that I used to tote around into Google calendar - and then I could see Tim's calendar and I would be even more organized than ever.

Today, officially, I am going back to paper.

I don't know what it is about electronic calendars, but they just don't work for me. I don't know if it's that I can't put things in my phone easily enough, or the fact that I can't keep my little to do lists all happily next to the various appointments, or what...but it has degraded to the point that all I see on my calendar now are the few recurring activities that I have set up (things like vacuuming, brushing the dogs, etc.) - and even they don't really get done because I can't tick them off and for whatever reason, that's just demotivating enough that it makes me stop doing them. (Pathetic, I realize. But hey, will work for check marks!)

All that to say, maybe there is still a little latent luddite in me after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment