11/15/2011

My Sister Says It's Been Too Long Since I Posted

And yet, there's very little to say, in all honesty. So...random thoughts as they appear.

  • If you're ever tempted to make a day trip out of something that involves air travel and a 3 year old, please stop and immediately book psychiatric counseling instead. 
  • That said, our trip that involved air travel last week actually went very well and for all the kiddo was exceedingly tired by the time we were making our last plane change, he did better than we expected on the whole thing, all things being equal.
  • Tim's car is now in the shop. The catalytic converter is failing. What this means to me is exactly one hyphenated word: cha-ching.
  • I am, essentially, still on track with my NaNoWriMo effort. Provided I get to it today. Which I plan to.
  • Though if I'm going to be truthful, I'm already thinking of excuses, the primary of them being that right now my head is pounding fit to lead a band and I can't think that anything I manage to come up with is going to be worth the electrons used to make the letters.
  • The last soccer game was on Saturday. Owing to exhaustion from the previous day's trip, we didn't go. I don't think the kiddo even realized he was supposed to have been going. Overall right now, I call this season of soccer a complete bust and have no plans for organized sports in the near future. I think he's a tad too young. This may change with the wind though, if he starts making interested noises again. We'll see what happens.
  • Every time I think about what I have to do to get the upstairs ready for a new baby I can see a little flashing red light and hear klaxons blaring in my head. Then I get overwhelmed and go in search of something to take my mind off it.
  • It's really good I don't keep chocolate in the house.

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up on the soccer. The rainy season didn't help either. I say give it a couple more tries - or wait until next fall, after he's been 4 for a while. He may take to it when he's a bit older.

    ReplyDelete