11/30/2011

Wednesday Tidbits

I'm too tired to come up with something cohesive. Thus:

  • I was told on Sunday that the MOPS coordinator forbade anyone on steering from contacting me about why I left. So while I had just been thinking it was odd that no one had reached out, turns out that was done on purpose. So glad to be rid of that group, but honestly, what are we, twelve?
  • Our patio appears to be complete. Hurrah! It looks incredible (maybe I'll be motivated to go and take a picture to share with you at some point). I think it needs to cure for a few days and then get sealed before we can use it. I should check the contract, they spelled it out pretty nicely. That said, I'm looking forward to getting my doggies back. (They've been staying with my folks during the final stages of said patio install.)
  • Now I just need to talk Tim into a fire pit. I really think sitting out on the patio by the fire would be a little slice of heaven. He wants to screen it in. I'm not 100% sold on that yet, but also not terribly opposed. We'll see what happens.
  • I've gotten through P reshelved in the library (fiction - haven't touched non fiction as yet). I've noticed that L, M and R are my most common authors. I wonder if that has to do with the frequency of those letters - seems to me those are some of the more common letters. Regardless, I have 3 shelves of Ms and it's looking like I may end up with a whole bookcase of Rs. (Of course, those Ms are pretty much two authors: McCaffrey and Montgomery. And most of the Rs are Nora Roberts/JD Robb...so does that really count?)
  • I realized as I was shelving the Cs that I've misplaced my copy of The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. Now I may end up having to rebuy them on kindle. On the one hand, fewer dead tree books is starting to be a nice thing. On the other hand, I hate rebuying things I already own. (Though I suppose one could argue that if you can't find it, you may not actually own it any longer.)
  • I have successfully completed NaNoWriMo, though I didn't submit my stuff for verification, so I'm not going to get a neat little sticker for my blog. It wasn't so much about the sticker as it was just making myself actually finish something. (After all, I didn't start something new, I just added 50K to something I had already been working on.) I'm not quite finished, but the story is definitely winding down. It feels kind of nice.
  • Seems to me there was more I intended to add here, but it's completely vanished at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment