6/04/2012

We Should Have Named Him Goliath

The younger boy is a giant.

We went to his four month appointment today and he's in the 93rd percentile for weight and 85th for height. I call that close enough. The CNP says to "keep an eye on it". Ok, fine. I'll watch him eat and grow. We're introducing solids soon (that translates to as soon as I can get to the store and get some cereal), so I really think that'll help. For now, he's just going to need to keep chugging the formula.

It amuses me to no end that at roughly this stage of the game with the elder boy we were also "keeping an eye on it" - but from the other end. Because he was in the 50th or thereabout for height and 25th or thereabout for weight.

The elder boy is now in the 80th or thereabout for height and 50th for weight - so both boys will likely be tall. Just, as one friend (whose life seems to center around football) puts it, the elder boy will be a runner, the younger will hold the line.

Of course, if you go with childhood projections, I'm 5'11". (And hey, if I actually *was* that height, I'd be pretty close to my target weight. I've always loved Garfield's thing about not being overweight but rather being under tall.) So really, anything could happen at this point.

The major takeaway I care about from these visits? He's healthy and perfect. (Both boys are.)

Well, healthy other than the whole someone brought the chicken pox to nursery yesterday. Guess we'll see how that pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment