7/23/2018

Let me explain. No, it's too much. Let me sum up.*

Life.

Y'all. It's crazy around here.

This week is VBS. Normally I spend my week teaching the Bible story to the K and 1st graders. This year, with youngest supposed to be moving from place to place with all the other kids who finished K, it seemed reasonable that instead I should just bop around with him and try to help mitigate the SPD.

We made it through about 90 minutes this morning. Then he was done. Capital D done. So we spent the rest of the time walking in circles around the outside of the church (thankfully the rain held off so it wasn't as horrible as it could have been. But my oh my it's humid.)

I don't even know if it's worth trying again tomorrow.

He doesn't seem to care. In fact, I'd say he leans toward not trying again tomorrow. But ... sigh. Honestly I have no idea what to do.

Throw in my mom's continual disintegrating health. My dad's predictably not good reaction to the impending loss of his mate. The crazy traffic that drives the husband up a wall and down the other side twice a day. And a tween (good golly, I used to laugh that tween was a thing. Now that I have one? Nope. It's a thing. He may not live to see actual teen. Or at least I wonder about it some days.)

I'm in the market for a dark hole into which I can climb and never surface.

*spot the quote

3 comments:

  1. Oh, seems to work now! I hope you gave it a really good kick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping the kick is permanent. Still not getting email notifications about comments. Guess you really do get what you pay for.

    ReplyDelete