12/06/2018

Some TV Watching

There should be something to say that's more interesting. There should be, but there isn't. Life simply continues apace and I find myself less willing to share my thoughts...anywhere, to be honest. Not even really in person, though opportunities for that are few and far between.

Regardless, as such, I've been scouring for something to interest my eyeballs in the evenings and, as we ditched any sort of cable/satellite/what have you some years ago, my choices are Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Netflix has added some Jeopardy, did you know?

I love Jeopardy. It's been quite fun watching the handful of episodes they've made available. Even the kids enjoy it. (Fun fact: eldest boy was watching with me one evening and went, "Oh! I get it now!" Apparently they'd been playing Bible Jeopardy in Sunday school and kids were humming the theme song and while he thought it was catchy, he didn't really get that it was a 30 second timer.)

And then (behind the times, I realize) I discovered The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon Prime. It. Is. Hilarious.

Normally I don't care about emmy wins or anything like that - but apparently season 1 got 8 and so far, I would say they're incredibly well earned. (Not kid friendly, this one, but still worth watching, IMHO.)

So there you go. How I've been rotting my brain in an attempt to keep out of the Swamps of Sadness. It...sort of works.

2 comments:

  1. I always pronounce Jeopardy as "Jeppidy" like Cliff Clavin from Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. I can hear that.

      I tend to throw a bit of a French twist on it, owing to a scene from the Kevin Kline/Meg Ryan movie "French Kiss" wherein she's talking about the show and asks if he knows it and he says, "Oui, Jeopardy." all French-ish.

      Delete