1/13/2019

Snow Day Fun

The snow came - I'd say we got around six inches or thereabout. This made the Sleepy Puppy less than delighted as his chest to floor clearance is maybe five inches? Taking him out for his first potty trip was a hilarious exercise that culminated in me digging up my boots so I could clear-slash-stomp down a more comfortable squatting ground. Poor thing.

When the boys were up, there was scarcely a "good morning" uttered before they'd thrown on clothes and dashed out for frolicking.

Everything at church today was cancelled. It was actually a rather nice break from Awana in the evening. I'm not sure just how much longer I'll opt to remain in charge of the program. I love it. The kids love it. But man...it gets old devoting every Sunday evening to it (particularly when the majority of our volunteers aren't half as dedicated, so most weeks I run around crazily trying to plug staffing holes that, should everyone on the roster actually show, wouldn't exist.) We'll see. I feel this way about this time of year every year, so maybe it's just the January doldrums.

Regardless, there was coffee cake and sledding and oodles of hot chocolate as well as many other pleasant family activities and a good, restful day was had by all.

I'm not sure what the road situation will be like tomorrow. There are things on the agenda that may end up getting shuffled around a bit once the sun's up and I can get a better peek. (And a report from hubs about his trip in to the office.) I suppose we'll just take it as it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment