4/12/2019

A Camping We Will Go? Updated (and again)

The boys (this includes hubby as he's one of my merry men) are slated to camp tonight and tomorrow with their Trail Life group.

It is currently pouring.

With scheduled thunderstorms from 5pm - 5 am.

As of this red hot second, hubby's response is "what could go wrong?" I sent him a picture of Beaker from the Muppets getting electrocuted.

I mean really.

Tomorrow (and tomorrow night) still look promising. The Friday night portion is "optional". I think it would behoove everyone to hang at home one more night where we're safe from things like lightning strike and deluge before venturing out into the woods.

But what do I know?

I will say I'm a little bummed as I was looking forward to having the house to myself for such an extended duration of time. I mean, I have always planned to go hang out for part of the day tomorrow, but even with that, the possibility of just how deep the quiet might get with no one but me and the pup rattling around? I don't know what to do with that much excitement.

Ah well, there's still Saturday night.

(I mean maybe I'll still get tonight if hubby doesn't get his head removed from his rear and decides to actually give the thunder camping a go.)

Update: Whelp, the rain has stopped (and has been stopped for a bit) so the boys are off and are, probably as we speak, pitching their tent. Hopefully it'll be pleasant for everyone. I'll find out tomorrow when I swing by for a bit.

Update Deux: It's been raining (somewhat heavily) off and on all evening. A few conversations with hubs via text and it seems as though things are going well enough, if damp. No thunder as yet, so maybe it'll all be fine. They were off for s'mores last I checked, and then likely to bed as there's not a lot to do out in the forest in the rainy dark.

2 comments:

  1. No thunder or lightning here, darn it.

    The Gels' summah camp is up in the Laurel Highlands of SW Pennsylvania, which get very stormy. More than once I've heard stories of water-logged tents, seas of mud, unstartable fires, and eating cold ravioli out of the can. I always told them it was character-building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got a little at 3am (made the puppy lose his mind) but hubs said all was well there. So perhaps it is character building. I, for one, am not super looking forward to visiting this afternoon in the mud. But they want mom. So mom will go.

    ReplyDelete