4/02/2019

The Ridiculousness of Sizing

Over the last year(ish) I've managed to drop just over 25 pounds. There are still miles to go before I'm going to be satisfied with my weight, but it's a start (we won't discuss the soul-sucking plateau that nothing seems to break, k? Cause that's depressing.)

Regardless -- dropping said pounds has made it possible for me to, once again, steal some of hubby's shirts and sweatshirts now and again as needed. (For those not in the know, this is a very important part of happily married life. If your wife can't steal your shirt when she's cold, she is sad.)

Hubby is not a large guy - in fact, if I were so inclined, I could hate him for his skinniness (honestly, he's gained like 10 pounds in the nearly 25 years we've been married. It's entirely unfair. But I digress.) Anyway, for sweatshirts and the like he'd be fine in a L, but often we'll get an XL because he likes roomy.

And they fit me now.

So, because I'm nice (and hubby fussed a little that I was always wearing his hoodie when he wanted to wear it) and I was at Target anyway, I figured I'd grab myself a hoodie and, being more able to shop at any old store now, just grab it from the women's section so the sleeves were more appropriately sized.

Those XLs? They mocked me.

Why is an XL not the same regardless of the gender of the person purchasing the clothing??

It's ridiculous. And insulting. And frustrating.

We really need to standardize sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment