8/20/2019

Busy Busy

Tonight we had our parent meeting for the boys' Trail Life troop. Looking over the calendar they sent home with us, I am realizing just how insanely busy we are going to be once all the school year activities kick in.

I have already been bemoaning a bit to hubs about how much longer school is taking us these days. (To be fair, it's not the 8 hours kids spend in public, but still.) Youngest's school (2nd grade) still takes hands on instruction for every aspect of the work. (Well nearly every. I can give him his handwriting and say go to it. But the rest all involves teaching and assisting as he works through it.)

Eldest (6th) is now back to needing a bit more teaching and assisting in certain areas (and good grief, I'm not sure what possessed me to choose his English curriculum because I never diagrammed a sentence in my life. But we'll figure it out together, I suppose.) His spelling is very instruction based (because you can't learn spelling in a vacuum, I guess) and as much as I'd love for him to not need spelling? Oh boy. He needs spelling. And math. Well. If he didn't contend that he hated it and, therefore, try to rush through it at Mach 2, he'd do just fine with it. But alas. And so I have to sit and eagle eye him whilst he does the math to keep him from just writing numbers and hoping to skate by.

Stinker.

Throw in piano lessons and vision therapy and the practicing every day that goes along with both of those things. And now Trail Life and Awana are gearing up to begin and, well, busy.

This week we've also thrown in a doctor's appointment for me today which meant an interruption in school to drop them at my dad's while I did that. Tomorrow is vision therapy. Thursday we're keeping the two youngest of our friend's kids while she takes the older to middle school orientation AND we're watching my six month old niece. Friday is always lunch with my dad AND we've got the niece again. So thus far we haven't really had a day where something doesn't crop up that throws what could be called a schedule off even more.

We'll survive. We always do.

But it's busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment