1/18/2020

Oh hey look, it's the weekend again

Life around here continues apace, which is to say it's rolling down hill like a flaming ball of poop. At least it's not all personal insanity these days.

Youngest has decided that he does not like his bed any longer. I don't blame him, overly, as he had the first big boy bed of eldest that was handed down when we got eldest a loft type thing (with desk beneath). Plus the bed in question is rather rickety and missing some slats beneath the mattress. All of which to say, no one is super surprised that he is over it and asking for a change. We managed to talk him into the double bed that had been, until now, residing in our guest room. It is, in fact, the frame that is made when you use the pieces of the old crib, so it's nice that the bed and dresser are reunited in the younger's room. And hey, now he has a decent bed. Everyone is happy and relatively speaking it wasn't a horrible experience to swap them out.

Hubby has been fussing about lately as well, talking about moving his desk into our bedroom so that on the rare occasions he works from home, he has a quiet place to be. (Homeschooling means we are home. All the time. And it is loud. Very, very loud. So working from home is not super conducive to actual work.)

I have been rather stridently anti moving the desk into the bedroom because bedrooms are for sleeping and other relaxing activities. Plus he's was all "We can just shove it in the corner over here" and no. Just no. It would have looked like a confused furniture store vomited in our bedroom.

Just no.

Throw in that I was somewhat nonplussed because - that's right - we used to have a dedicated office space in the basement. That he never used. Because he really never works from home. And thus the whole taking down a wall in the basement to make the playroom larger extravaganza over the summer. (Which I wasn't super on board with before he just dove in and now I'm like GAH.)

Anyway, now that we no longer have a guest bed in the fourth bedroom, we can move his desk in THERE and all is now right with the world again.

At least on the furniture front.

It was a welcome distraction from the insanity of Virginia and the tyrant who occupies the governor's mansion. I'm not super thrilled to see the state self-destructing and would like to say I have hope that we can escape relatively unharmed but...I don't think it's likely. It's ...horrifying. I've been sending emails to my delegate and state senator - but I know they don't actually care, seeing as they gerrymandered my district to make sure that me, and people like me, have no voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment