1/05/2020

On Getting Back to Normal

We undecked the halls today.

Hubs wanted to start yesterday, but he mentioned the possibility of starting a little while waiting for it to be time to head off to laser tag for the elder boy's birthday party and kiddo looked at his dad and said, "Really? On my birthday?"

So we let it slide.

Sort of. Hubs did actually go out and unplug most of the outside lights and pack up a few of the low hanging fruit while eldest was faffing around waking up.

Regardless, we finished it all today and everything is neatly packed back up and stored until next year. It's nice to have my house back. Especially since this was one of the least Christmassy Christmases I've lived through. I really don't mind seeing the back side of it.

SO tomorrow we return to normal. Or the new normal - as tomorrow also includes the speech therapy eval for youngest. So we'll be adding OT and ST back into our week (yaaaaay) as well as keeping up with vision therapy and...just ugh. I'm also going round and round about finding a psychiatrist and looking into medication for the boy because his ADHD is bad enough I wonder if he would prefer we treated it that way. (I mean right now he doesn't know any different, but he does know that he struggles in settings that are beyond just the family and that other kids don't really like him, and if medication would help him to the point that he could thrive in those settings then...I don't see the down side? But more doctors and yadda yadda and blergh. I have a few more natural type things I want to try and I guess I'll give them a go before we bite that bullet.)

When in doubt: punt.

But school resumes. And church stuff. And cleaning rotations. And normal.

And it seems much more reasonable to be depressed and overwhelmed in the middle of normal than it does when your house is covered head to toe with twinkling lights and smiling nutcrackers and nativity scenes everywhere you turn.

Although the nativity stays out (one of them at least).

My sister remains in ICU at least through tomorrow. No surgery as yet, they're hoping the heparin will handle it. I guess we'll see what we see.

No comments:

Post a Comment