2/20/2020

Best Laid Plans etc

For many years, the conversations surrounding what to do for our 25th anniversary have going back and forth between a trip to Ireland or Scotland. Or maybe New Zealand, although hubby and a 20+ hour plane ride is never going to be something he volunteers for. So it would have to be a sweet deal to get him to go.

Talks got a little more serious as we ran into the end of 2019 and skipped hastily into 2020. Because 2020 is the year. It's here. We need to settle on plans and make them. Stat!

Of course, all this is happening around the same time we're sussing out the various problems littlest is dealing with and...yeah overseas is probably not a grand plan, no matter how much it kills me. Because really when traveling abroad, you should try  not to reinforce the idea that Americans suck. And with no malice aforethought, youngest would not really conform to that plan. He's just...yeah no.

Plus 6ish hours in a plane for him? Nope nope nope.

And so, after taking a moment to mourn the dream, we tried to figure out what would work for everyone.

Mickey Mouse it is!

I'm not upset - I enjoy the land of the mouse. Is it what I'd choose for my 25th? No. But it'll work.

Plus there's all the new Star Wars stuff to see and I'm looking forward to that.

In fact, I've started having serious stress dreams about not getting a boarding party for Rise of the Resistance. Hubby just laughs. But man, I really want to ride it! (See also the Smuggler's Run ride and Slinky Dog, neither of which we could get fast passes for.)

Regardless, I'm planning to get one of the big celebration buttons so that everyone has to say happy anniversary to me. Because I am that mom.

2 comments: