3/17/2020

Suggestibility and Being Trapped at Home

You know how you're perfectly content to spend the bulk of your days at home without leaving until someone tells you should have to?

That's where I am.

It's ridiculous.

We don't have anywhere we NEED to be and under any other circumstance, we'd all be fine with it. But now that suddenly we can't just pop out wherever and whenever, the walls are closing in.

The mind it is a weird thing.

Regardless, we're plugging along must as usual. We'd planned to continue going to whatever medical appointments (OT, Vision therapy, speech, etc) as usual, but they've all shut their doors until April (minimum) so now we're not even venturing out for that.

We have some holdouts at our church (in the decision-making group), so they haven't officially cancelled everything yet. I did talk them into cancelling the one ministry I'm in charge of, but otherwise, I suspect we'll hear something tomorrow. I think given the current recommendations-slash-mandates from on high, their hand will be forced into closing.

To be honest, I think that's wise.

The kids have been spending a lot of time out in the backyard now that the weather is warming up a tad. Of course the elder is creeping into the age where he'd rather be on the computer or Xbox and I'm having to give him stern glares to get him to play with his brother in the sun. But for now, it still works.

Anyway, I spend a little extra time checking everyone's temperature these days because we all have moments of feeling like "Is that a fever? Am I hot?" (It isn't and we're not.)

Reference previous statement on the weirdness of the brain. Suggestibility is a thing. An annoying one.

Corned beef and cabbage (well, brussel sprouts b/c the grocery store was out of cabbage. I mean seriously, who panic buys cabbage??) on the menu for tonight. Because why not.

I'm off to put some Irish music in the CD player. The kids haven't rolled their eyes at me loudly for a little while, so I'm overdue.

No comments:

Post a Comment