3/01/2022

On Playing Favorites

I do not, nor have I ever, played favorites with the boys. (Nor do I intend to.)

But lately, youngest has discovered that it reaalllly ticks off his older brother to say that he's the favorite in hearing of said elder brother.

So there has been lots of this going on:

Youngest comes up and gives me a hug. "I love you mommy. You're my favorite. And I'm yours."

To which I say something like, "I love you too. You're my favorite younger child. Brother is my favorite older child."

Youngest then adds, "But who's your favorite favorite?"

And as I can see the steam starting to billow out of elder's ears, I've started to say either hubby (because also true) or the dog (also also true. Because he really is the best of all of them. Sleepy pup fills the world with joy and happiness.)

Youngest isn't having it and keeps pushing. To the point that I've made sure to pull eldest aside to clarify with him that there are no favorites here. He says he gets it at it's fine, but man, younger boy sure knows where elder's buttons are located.

No comments:

Post a Comment