4/06/2022

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Met with the doctor for youngest's ADHD med management yesterday. All things considered, I like her. (Which I guess isn't required, but it's a nice side bene.) Now that we have one med at a reasonably stable dose, we're tweaking another. So she sent those prescriptions in, and the barrage of texts from CVS began.

One of which, of course, was that the insurance wouldn't cover the new med.

Because of course not.

This is the second med she's had to fight with them about. Because I guess insurance companies have decided that they know best and heaven forbid someone who actually specializes in treating this condition have an opinion that differs from the almighty bean counters at CareFirst.

I know that apparently the world looks at our healthcare and shudders, but by golly, I don't want some bureaucrat second-guessing my medical professional. And you know--YOU KNOW--it would be so much worse if we had "universal healthcare." (I reference my Canadian friend whose husband needs a hip replacement, but who can't get said replacement yet because it's "elective," yet he's in so much pain that he has done permanent damage to his liver with the pain meds they foist off on him instead. But they know best.)

So I've emailed from the portal to see what type of song and dance number I need to prepare in order to not pay $150 every thirty days to get his meds refilled. (CVS had a "coupon" today that made it only $56 for me. I mean, thanks, I guess. But also insurance companies aren't doctors and they need to stop pretending they play one on TV.)

No comments:

Post a Comment