9/13/2023

Driver's Ed

Eldest has, finally, finished his online driver's ed course. There was some mismatching information online (shock, amazement) and I couldn't get a straight answer out of the DMV about whether or not we had to attend the 90 minute parent/teen lecture in person or, because we homeschool, if we could attend online. Varying people said varying things.

But as it turned out, several of his friends all needed to attend, so we went ahead and joined them last night at the high school nearish to us. 

It was as dreadfully boring as I remembered from my own youth.

Still. It's done. Check-mark in the box. And now for more fun things like behind the wheel. I just have to shoot off my form to the DMV to tell them that I will be teaching it myself. Woohoo. 

(I did ask if he'd rather I paid for a behind the wheel class and he said no. So there's that.)

Anyway, progress is being made. Slowly. But it's still progress. Given that he has very little interest in driving (which I still don't get) I'm pleased that it doesn't feel like I'm having to drag him by the scruff of his neck each step down the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment