3/25/2024

This 'n That - Home Edition

When we moved in, the very first undertaking was "paint the house." Because the previous owners had done (as we had to do in our previous house) as relators recommend and painted the whole shebang grey.

As one who already battles fiercely with depression, living in Eeyore's fur was not working for me.

We did all the big areas and then it kind of settled. But recently, the grey of the master bath was wearing on me. And I'd finally chosen the color, so we took care of that one weekend. (Did I already mention that here? I feel like I did, but maybe I just thought about doing so.)

Then last weekend, I attacked the main floor powder room. Eldest was out camping with his friends that weekend, and it wasn't until yesterday that he noticed. He came storming out, "When did this get painted?!" I might have laughed too hard, but honestly most laughing these days borders on hysteria.

I'm fine.

Really.

When we were buying the paint for said powder room, I also talked hubs into new faucets for the bathroom in his office and our master bath. He installed those this weekend.

I don't know why it makes such a big difference, but it does.

All that's really left now is the boys' bathroom (and they say they like the incredibly tacky and peeling wallpaper that's in there. I don't know if I should push it or let it ride.) and the dining room. I may do above the chair rail in there first and live with it a bit. Under the chair rail is a blue that's not bad (other than being flat and I'm a satin gal when it comes to paint finishes). So I'll do a brite-ish almost white above and then see what we see. (brightish? I can't be bothered to figure out what I'm doing wrong with that spelling right now. I assume you can figure out what I mean.)

And then, of course, getting rid of all the dreadful carpet upstairs and putting in hardwood. But that'll be one room at a time. And there's not a big rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment