11/11/2005

Federal Holidays Rock

Only on a federal holiday can I make it to work during what would otherwise be the peak of rush hour in under 40 minutes. Mmm...reasonable commute without having to wake up at the crack of dawn.

In other fascinating news, I think my cold may finally have deserted me. Probably owing to the just under 11 hours of sleep I got last night. Thanks to Tim having an "all night" poker tournament (I think it only went til about 11, guess when you get old that equates to "all night"), I was able to tuck myself into bed in a silent house at just about 8. He came in third - it's very sad. He'd been having a winning streak. To compound the horror, he lost to Paul who usually only talks a big game but is the first one out. Ah well, since they play for chips (not poker chips, potato chips) it's not like I was going to be able to retire, but I will have to give him a little grief.

The only other thing of interest (not that any of this has been interesting to anyone other than me, most likely) is that Starbucks has decorated for Christmas...and you know what, it made me smile. Seems like this might be a tad early, but this morning the air was crisp, the sky was that clear, icy blue that you only get in late fall/early winter, and pulling up to the door and seeing a cheerful red and silver wreath with jingle bells on it injected me with an insane amount of holiday cheer. I'm ready to go shopping and find perfect gifts for everyone - because today, thanks to that little dash of holiday joy - I feel inspired. Walking out with my Venti cup of joy - also happily decorated for the holidays in a bright red cup - it seemed like the world was mine for the taking. Amazing what a little tasteful decoration will do, even if it is only the second week of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment