11/11/2005

Let the Wild Rumpus Start

Those were the words that I thought I heard the puppies whispering to each other this morning as I left for work. With a shake of my head I continued on my way, reminding myself that puppies - though very much like small children - can't actually talk.

And then I came home.

What a wild rumpus, indeed! Every rug that could move was moved and flipped and folded. Leaves had been shaken off the plants. Stuffed toys had clearly been involved in a pitched battle for life and death - and had moved all over the house, some trailing thier little stuffed entrails behind them, others lying flat, having spilled their very last tuft of stuffing in the battle.

The puppies looked very pleased with themselves and are now napping, looking very smug and contented with their day's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment