11/16/2005

Not all it's cracked up to be

Yeah, gainful employment...not so much. Basically now instead of sitting and looking busy in my office at our headquarters, I sit and try to look busy in an office on site with a customer. The only little extra bit of fun this actually provides is the concern that I probably should be doing something. If only someone would get around to letting me know what that should be. But see, next week is Thanksgiving, so we wouldn't want to start anything up before the holidays. To which I wonder quietly to myself (at least, I think it's quietly to myself because lately I've started noticing that some of the things I think I'm just thinking to myself, I'm actually saying aloud. In a fairly normal voice. And then I stop and shake my head and reprimand myself (again, aloud) for talking to myself and wonder what people must think to hear me talking to myself. Then I realize that I've just said this to myself outloud and begin to laugh. At which point, if I'm out on the street, people start crossing in front of cars to get away from the crazy lady or, if I'm in my office, I feel embarassed about and consider going to shut my door so I can go quietly mad in private) if we ought to just wait til after Christmas then because really, that's only 40 something days away, right?

If you made it through that convoluted sentence, you may need as much help as I apparantly do. To quote While You Were Sleeping, "Lucy, they have doctors for this kind of thing."

Anyway, that is my new job, at least at this point. Hopefully now that my eyes are about ready to bleed from reading system documentation, I will be allowed to actually poke my fingers into some code tomorrow. That's the hope.

Beyond that, other thoughts circling around in my head that I will get to at some point. But for now, it's time to leave for Tim's birthday dinner. Yay. Happy birthday, Tim!

No comments:

Post a Comment