1/12/2006

Four Day Weekends Rock

Yeah, that's right. 4 days. I'm very happy.

Of course, I get (/am taking) tomorrow off because I have to have gum surgery. I'll forbear to post a link to any of the sites that talk about it, because well, the pictures are pretty nasty. I don't like to think that the recession on my gums is as bad as in the photos but, well, here I am having surgery. Let's hear it for bad genes! (Cause I am a religious flosser. I love to floss. I floss every night and sometimes in the mornings too. It's not from lack of flossing. Sometimes, you just have cruddy genes.)

So tomorrow I will spend the majority of my day in a Percoset-induced haze. Mmm...sleep. I probably won't post. It just wouldn't be a very good idea.

Saturday I will shake off the fog and hie me ho to my very first pottery class. Can I just say I am so psyched about this!? I've wanted to learn to pot for a very long time. And, while I may not be any good at it at all, I will now get to find out. Who knows, this may finally be the little outlet for artistic stuff that I keep trying to find. (I have these visions of paintings that when I try to replicate, bah. Just awful. I've seen 3 year olds do better. For some bizarre reason I keep trying though. So, maybe pottery will alleviate that desire. Or maybe it'll be the longest 8-week committment of my life. Time will tell.)

After that, I imagine I will need to rejoin the percoset haze. So, my guess is that the realistically next time I will offer fascinating insights up to the world at large will be Sunday. We shall see what happens though. But I thought I'd post now and just say, have a happy Friday. And if you really want to feel sorry for me, go ahead and google gum graft surgery. Then go to your bathroom and floss like you've never flossed before!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:58 AM

    Beth - I think I will for-go the Google search! I wish you well during your surgery! Isn't it crazy how you can do everything possible to have a great smile, but those genetics get in the way? My last child has a terrible mouth. She gets it from my husband's paternal grandmother. All the other kids have great teeth with no problems. But Duchess has had 1 crown, 2 fillings and a tooth pulled. And she doesn't even have her permanent teeth yet! She's only 4! I don't do anything different with her oral hygiene, but she just doesn't have the good smile genes!

    Take care and try not to enjoy your narcotic stupor too much! :)

    ReplyDelete