2/16/2006

Wanderlust

I don't know if it's the weather (after Sunday's snow, we're not hovering in the vicinity of 60 degrees, clear blue sky, light breeze...perfect) or if it's the fact that my birthday is next week, or all the stress currently in my life (impending school, impending medical stuff, impending potential family stuff)...but I want to go somewhere far, far away.

To feed this addiction, I subscribe to TravelZoo's newsletter. And today into my little inbox came this offer.

Do you want to fly to Amsterdam? Frankfurt? London? Dublin? Paris? Vienna? Where shall we go? Because they're all available for under $300.

The only thing that is stopping me from picking up the phone to call Tim, well the only thing besides all the impending stress which makes it absolutely impossible for us to actually go on vacation somewhere in the allotted travel time, is that there's the little caveat of additional taxes, surcharges and 9/11 fees that are usually around $180-200. So my cheapo trip to Ireland (Dublin is only $198 RT) actually becomes inexpensive, but not so-cheap-we-just-can't-not-go cheap ($398 RT). Ah well, it was fun to dream for a minute.

Anyone else getting itchy feet?

4 comments:

  1. yep! I've been looking at flights to new mexico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:13 PM

    Absolutely! For me the stress is yet another "tax season" and I always start itching about now. I subscribe to Budget Travel and just went through the same exercise last week...and will do so many times between now and April 15th (and end up going someplace like Omaha instead of Amsterdam on April 16th).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:46 PM

    YES! Always. But for me, it's camping. I would camp year round if I could!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad it's not just me! :)

    ReplyDelete