3/04/2006

School, day 2

Today was another day like yesterday. 8 hours of classes is a bit much, honestly, even with the breaks and such. I don't remember having this issue in any other school setting, but I think that's primarily because it's not 4 hours straight of one class followed by 4 hours of another. At least in high school (college, elementary, whatever) you switch subjects every hour or so.

The "Uh" phenomenon continued with much predictability. But it's still kind of fascinating.

I now have tons of reading and assignments to get started on, though I think the work load is going to be fairly manageable, all things considered. (Should I say "we'll see how it goes" again? Seems like I've said that alot of late.)

I'm just really ready to be at home though. I'm tired of waking up every 20 minutes from 4 til 6:30 because I'm paranoid about missing my alarm. I'm tired of my crappy pillows. I'm tired of not being with Tim (that's actually the first one I'm tired of). I'm tired of being my skeezy hotel. And on and on.

Yes, I'd like some cheese with that whine.

However, after classes tomorrow morning and an afternoon in the airport (or I may hang in the school lobby for a little before I head to the airport), I will be home! (Yay!)

In other fun/cool news, a friend of Tim's from high school is coming out on Monday so we'll get to have dinner with him.

2 comments:

  1. Oh so you're not actually going to stay in Fort Lauderdale for school. Err, sorry I'm a little slow...I finally just figured out you were going to do distance-learning. :)

    Well, happy to have you back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:48 PM

    Glad the classes weren't boring (except for the profs) and hope the PhD is everything you want it to be! Yay on getting to come home.

    As for LOST, you really have to watch a season on DVD to catch up. It has quite the storyline going on. Once you're hooked, they really get you. :)

    ReplyDelete