4/05/2006

Grade anxiety

So I just checked my email at school and I see that my professor has finished grading the huge paper that was due Sunday.

And I'm terrified to 1) open the email and 2) go look to see what my grade is.

This is the downfall of online education...when you're sitting at a desk and the drop it in front of you, you have no choice but to look (or hand it to a friend and have them break it to you gently.) But now...now I could potentially avoid knowing the results for a good long while. No one says you have to read your email, or click on that special part of webCT where assignments live.

The problem is this - I worked really hard on that paper. If I didn't do well...I don't know how much harder I can work. So does that mean I'm not cut out for this? Gak.

This is worse than test anxiety.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, and so now we're all in suspense too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, is the anxiety worse that we're all waiting too? C'mon, you can tell us. We won't tell anybody. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so the class average was 79. Historically he says the class average is 85.

    Ready?

    You sure?

    I got a 100. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go, girl!! I knew you was smart. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I was surprised (but very, very pleased.)

    I also saw that my other 3 papers were graded too. Amazingly enough, all 3 papers were worth a whopping 4 points. (Making a total of 16 for the whole class. Who thinks this up?) And I got 4/4. I really prefer 100. Cause 4 points for 16 pages of torture just doesn't seem right. :) But I'll take the full credit!

    ReplyDelete