6/16/2006

Did I miss a memo?

So I'm pretty sure I just saw a tumbleweed wander down the hallway. I'm beginning to think that either:
1) They cancelled work today, not just the team meeting, or
2) Somehow I slept through Friday without realizing it and it's actually Saturday.

Cause there is nobody here. And that's mighty unusual. Especially given that traffic seemed pretty light this morning. (Which lends credence to item 2 above as a possibility.)

Very odd.

That aside, I was wondering if someone could clue me in on when, precisely, it became an ok operating procedure to scream at co-workers. Cause we've got a number of yellers in our office and it's beginning to drive me batty. I was under the impression that that was pretty much never a good plan, and that professional behavior would indicate that you simply keep your cool or, failing that, table the discussion until such time as you can hold it rationally and without raised voices. Am I out in left field with that? (Yet another memo I didn't get?)

Last one - if your team leader knows that the other member of the team doesn't pull his weight, takes sixteen times longer than a dying sea snail to get something "finished", really means "compiling" instead of acutally "working" when he says "finished", and then dumps it on the third member of the team to get working, do you leave it at that? Even if the team leader isn't goign to do anything about it? Or do you mention it to your manager?

6 comments:

  1. It is Friday. Sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. That's too bad. People have finally started showing up - I was beginning to wonder if maybe there was a 15 minute rule for work like there was in college. But no dice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:46 AM

    It's summer so here on Friday's it's like that all summer. Only I'm trying to save my leave so I'm here :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Screaming at co-workers??? Totally unacceptable! We have nearly 500 people in our building and I have never heard anyone scream. Threaten suicide, yes, but never screaming.

    And #3 on your list, the lazy co-team leader? Shoud be FIRED!

    Have a great weekend, maybe head out early, tell them I said so. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn (I'm so glad you're back to Dawn!), it can get light here in the summer, but this morning it was just dead. I know about saving up leave - Tim gets like 4 weeks a year, I get two. Sigh.

    Gwynne - Ok, that's kinda the page I was on...nice to know it's at least not some bizzaro page from randomland. Well it might be, but someone else is there too. :)

    Hmmm..."But Gwynne said I could!" I could use that phrase a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:21 AM

    Screaming at coworkers? Ouch. Not at all a cool thing to do. Hugs on the work atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete