6/21/2006

The first day of summer and other etc.

Happy summer.

It's been very mild here thus far, though it's starting to get warm (94 projected for today) but the humidity has stayed away by and large. Of course, this has given my house guests an improper vision of the weather here and they (well, ok, it's only one of them) have been walking around feeling smug and superior because they're from the desert and the weather here, they scoff in the face of our piddly 94. At this point, I'm mentally chanting for God to bring on the first inversion of the summer. And when it's 98 but the heat index has pushed it up past 110 and the air quality is so bad they can't come up with a color that adequately represents it, well, we'll see who's laughing then.

On the way to work this morning our passenger reminded me of the "This one time, at band camp?" girl. We'd see a truck and get treated to a dissertation on how it they look somewhere else. We see a motocycle can are barraged with information about how they weave in and out of traffic elsewhere. And so on and so forth. Ad nauseum. Amen. I thought she was entertaining in the movie....in real life? Those people are very annoying.

The showers in our house should not run concurrently. Otherwise there is no water pressure. Consequently I feel like I have a thin film of soap completely covering my skin.

My iPod is very random today, so I've been mostly tuning it out. And thus I almost missed this song...yeah, I'd like to ride this blanket home too, now where did I put that thing?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:10 AM

    Happy summer! Hope you can stay cool. Got any plans for the upcoming weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riverdance is this weekend! :) Yay! Otherwise, no scintillating plans. Staying cool shouldn't be an issue in the ice box in which I work. Staying warm, however, is sometimes challenging. Ah well, rather put on a sweater than sweat. :)

    ReplyDelete