6/29/2006

My first (and perhaps only) Thursday 13

So, at Lyn's recommendation for slow Thursdays...a Thursday 13.

Um.

13 Fascinating Facts that May or May Not be True (but I heard them somewhere):

1. Panama is the only place in the world where you can see the sun rise on the Pacific and set on the Atlantic (Snapple cap -- must be true.)
2. A pregnant armidillo can withhold giving birth for up to two years when frightened (not sure if she has to be frightened for two years or...)
3. Chick-Fil-A is closed on Sunday because the owner is a Christian (and I only crave Chick-Fil-A on Sundays, think it has to do with wanting what you can't get.)
4. A "Spoonerism" is when you flip flop the first parts of two words, as in "Hum a tappy hune."
5. Aerodynamically speaking, bumblebees should not be able to fly. (The fat, fuzzy ones, not the ugly little stingy ones).
6. The next time my age will be a prime number is in 5 years.
7. Your foot is the same length as your forearm.
8. Your armspan is the same length as your height (not entirely true, though close - I actually performed a few experiments on this to test validity. My arm span is closer to the height the doctors all said I'd be, which is sadly 6" taller than I really am. I wish the doctors had been right....then I wouldn't have freakishly long arms.)
9. I am closer in age to my youngest uncle than he is in age to my dad.
10. Tim is closer in age to his youngest aunt than she is in age to his dad.
11. In the 1100s there was a period of time when the earth's temperature was even warmer than it is today. (So...global warming is potentially cyclical and based on sunspot activity.) This was followed by a mini-ice age in the 1300s.
12. One large volcanic erruption will put enough sulfer componds into the atmosphere to cool the earth and counter any warming from fossile fuel burning for up to two years.
13. The average air speed of an unladen swallow (European) is roughly 24 miles per hour.

2 comments:

  1. See, now that didn't hurt one bit. And great list too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun. How many of you put your foot on your forearm? I did, and it was the same! My T13: About being 35

    ReplyDelete