6/13/2006

*Pop!*

That was my little happy, Irish dancing bubble. I'm typing away and in my happy Irish dancing music place, when Pokey calls from the customer location to tell me he sent me an email.

First, don't ever...ever call someone to tell them you sent them an email unless it has been more than 24 hours and you specifically asked for a response. Cause really people, I just got the notification of your email six seconds before the phone rang.

Ok, so I'm looking at the email and it looks purely informational. So he's babbling on (essentially reading me the email...seriously, either send an email or call someone, don't plague them with a verbal rehash of what they're reading) and then he's like, "So what do you think?"

And I'm like, "I think you should fix the problem."

And then he starts talking and I swear all I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher..."Wahwaah, wah wahh..."

So I transferred his call to our team leader. Now I will attempt to increase my calm.

3 comments:

  1. Try this helpful tip for his next email....
    hehehehe.....

    User's PC hard drive is damaged, but support tech manages to recover the files in key directories and copies them to a new drive. Still, user is furious: "Where the @#$%! are all my files?" “Where were the files that are missing now?” technician asks. "I used to save them in that cute can. I use those files a lot, and that icon says 'Recycle,' so I thought it was a good place to put the files that I reuse often."

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of my brothers worked for a debt collection agency. When they used to rant on at her, she'd pick up a book and start reading it. When they finished, she'd ask them to repeat it because she didn't catch what they were saying lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rm - hmmm...keep all communication from Pokey in the Recycle bin - good plan.

    Rach - that's hillarious. I wish I had the guts to try it.

    ReplyDelete