7/29/2006

Pumpkin Time

Ugh. It's 10:47 and it's the time of night when it begins to feel very late. Very, very late. And the late night "Hmm...I think I'm hungry" thoughts begin. And my eyelids are heavy and my eyes are stinging...and it's rather pathetic because, well, it's not like I'm old and it's not like this is late.

Regardless, when I was little I was enthralled by Cinderella. And with the idea that at a certain time of night things change from what they seem into what they truly are. And I have always called that "Pumpkin Time". That's become, over the years, how I refer to time for bed - Pumpkin Time.

And here I sit, ignoring Pumpkin Time - and wondering if it wouldn't be very cool if things morphed back into pumpkins and mice and what, I wonder, will be my glass slipper?

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Beth! I'd like a glass slipper too so if you figure out... let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rach :) You'll be the first to know if I get it figured out. Glad you're here to liven things up at Eric's (and here).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try hehe! Will you be I.M "ing" at all tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...my IM is on, but I'm not sure I want to publicize my sign on. But if you wanna email me, I can send it to you. Or, I also have my Gmail open, so we can Gmail chat too.

    ReplyDelete