7/27/2006

Thursday Blahs

I'm afraid I can't, for the life of me, come up with something I feel like writing as far as Thursday Theological Thinking goes. So I think I will take a one week break from TTT and try again next week. Maybe I'll have scintillatingly deep thoughts at that point.

In lieu of said thoughts, I will instead comment once more on the fact that my house is empty of all extended family. Last night we slept with the door open and this morning when the music turned on (that's our alarm) we just let it play for a few minutes instead of leaping from bed so as not to disturb the rest of the household at the ungodly hour at which we rise.

The dogs have spent much time sniffing around the house making sure that the guests are, in fact, absent.

Life is good.

I watched Hell's Kitchen last night when I got back from helping unload the moving truck and was waiting for the girls to eat before bed. My thoughts are as follows:
1) Sara still really needs to go. She can't possibly win, she doesn't have the cooking chops nor the personality that would allow her to run a restaurant without having to replace staff every week. Besides that, she is perhaps the most two-faced liar I have ever encountered in my life and I'm very glad that I don't know her in person.
2) I think Keith did the stand-up thing by taking Virginia with him on the reward trip to Vegas to see the new restaurant. Ramsay liked her dish 2nd best and it was fitting that she get to go. I can understand Garrett being upset, but not to the degree that he was. Seriously dude, if you stop to think about it and you're a stand-up guy yourself, you'll see that it was the right thing to do - even if it wasn't the best game-play move necessarily.
3) I think Ramsay summed up Heather nicely when he said she was the most inconsistent person he'd encountered. I don't really understand how one episode she's the shining star and the next she's worse than Virginia. I have a feeling that's going to be a problem in the end.
4) I'm getting really tired of the "You won't believe who goes home" tags at the end of every episode. I mean, seriously, you keep telling me that, I'm going to keep thinking it's someone who doesn't deserve to go and each week, it's someone who deserves to go. So I don't believe that I won't believe it. I have a feeling I will, in fact, believe it. Unless it's Keith. In which case I won't believe it. But I don't think that'd happen. I seriously think any of the 3 girls will go before Keith does. Unless he volunteers. Which, again, I don't see happening.
5) In the end, I'm glad Garrett went home, you just don't serve raw chicken in a restaurant and if Ramsay hadn't caught it, someone could've been very ill. Had that happened in a real restaurant I'm not sure the chef would've maintained employment, so I'm thinking it was fairly true to "real life" for him to get the boot.
6) My hopes for next week? Sara taking on Ramsay gets her little picture flamed. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment