8/30/2006

A quick note of explanation

Work has actually been busy of late - so my usual blogging locale (i.e. work) has been sadly unavailable. On the positive side, I'm getting lots done and showing off my stuff to all those who matter and shining up the ol' star a bit so they remember that they really do like me and think I do good word. Never hurts to reinforce those thoughts. Even if means the blogging suffers.

They've been going on and on about school starting on the radio (surprising, I know, since school is starting) and I keep thinking, "Dang...I really want to go school supply shopping." I love school supplies (or office supplies) and browing the aisles at Staples or Office Depot makes me smile. All the different little things for organizing and what not...just cool stuff! It should not, therefore, surprise you that my favorite line from You've Got Mail is the following:

Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a boquet of sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.
That just seems so romantic to me. I know, I'm odd.

We've had a little puppy illness of late - they thought Meg might have diabetes insipidus - and that's not 100% ruled out though she seems to have stopped the major symptom, so we're riding it out for now because testing for it can also cause problems. If the symptoms return, however, we'll be in for some testing - for that as well as cushing's. Cassi, perhaps simply to get her share of the sympathy scritching, has been having some stinky butt issues that are such a joy to clean up. Those seem to have resolved now that we're limiting her chewtime. Poor babies.

I ran into a government worker today that embodied everything bad you've ever heard about government employees. I was going to retell our conversation for the general amusement of all until I sat down and tried to do it without giving away where I was and what I was trying to get. Turns out it's not nearly as funny without the details. Ah well, suffice it to say that civil servant is still an oxymoron on both counts (they're neither civil, nor do they care to serve unless there's absolutely no other option.)

And there we are. My day in a nutshell. Tomorrow looks like it might actually be a tad slower, so I will hopefully get a TTT up before 9pm.

3 comments:

  1. It is my goal when I carry the mail to put both the civil and the service back in "civil service," because you are all too correct in what you've said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, I suspect that even being cognizant of the fact that that's something to aspire to makes you the best postman on the planet. And I will say I have run into other civil servants who were genuinely a joy, so I can't paint them all with the same brush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, I hope Meg is not heading down the same path as Abbye, with the shots and all. Poor Meg. I'm hoping they both are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete