12/13/2006

A Musical Recommendation

Since Gwynne has been highlighting some (to me) obscure music over at her place the last couple of days, it occurred to me that I should share the gem of an artist that Tim brought home about..oh a year ago now.

First off, I should probably say that we have exceedingly ecclectic musical tastes, so a random spin through our CD player is most likely to leave your head reeling. One genre that we enjoy but don't have nearly enough of is what we term the "peaceful, background music." This includes artists like Enya, Loreena McKennitt, and Sarah McLachlan (just to provide a frame of reference.) I'm guessing some people would classify that as...well...easy listening, but please, we're not that old, ok?

So Tim was wandering through the hallowed halls of his office one day and he poked his head in to talk to someone about something and then paused to ask what he was listening to cause, well, it was cool. And that is how we came to know of Jade Redd. And I highly encourage you to go give a listen to the songs they have on their website. They're very much in the vein of the 3 I mentioned above with a little more of an edge...kind of Evanessence-y if Evanessence wasn't such a rock-y rock band. (Does that make any sense?)

Anyway, there you are. Jade Redd. Give 'em a listen, let me know what you think.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:56 PM

    Very cool. Thanks for the recommendation, Beth. I gave it a listen and will have to pick up a copy next time I'm in itunes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it also. It does remind me a lot of Enya's haunting melodies. More than just good background music and something I've never heard before. Interesting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, glad you liked it! I hope they're in iTunes (let me know if they are, I'd be curious.)

    Wow, something Gwynne hasn't heard - that's cool (cause I kind of have you on this musical pedestal from your various musical posts, so do with that what you will. Well, except of course for your sad misunderstanding of ABBA.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:26 PM

    They are in itunes...at least the one album (are there more than one?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pedestal? Egads! No, no. My eclecticism can never top yours.;-) But ABBA and I do not mix. We just don't. I can't explain it because I'm all about the kitsch. It's just that they are so, so...what is it? Disco Pop? Maybe if I saw Mamma Mia, I'd feel differently because afterall, they do have some great costumes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. FYI Jade Redd is reformed and back in business with new material, after a traumatic event that almost finished the band, check them out at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jade-Redd/190627088065?ref=ts for new info and updates

    ReplyDelete