5/25/2007

Plans for the Weekend

This weekend, I will be attempting to stay as far away from my car and roads. That's my primary desire, all things considered. However, some driving must be undertaken, and the following fun and fascinating things are, at this point, scheduled:

  • This evening we will be journeying to On The Border (purveyor of cliched-yet-palatable "Mexican" food) for supper. I believe that Guacamole, Live! will be on the menu to start. (If you haven't tried this, it's actually worth the roughly $7 as an appetizer. They bring real, honest-to-goodness avacados to the table and scoop and smush them right there in front of you. So you know your guac is real and not pre-processed green paste of unknown origin.)
  • After dinner, the 7:00 showing of Pirates of the Car(r?)ib(b?)ean: At World's End. We intend to show up an hour early. Or thereabouts. So that we can hopefully get seats. And popcorn. And maybe some Sour Patch Kids. Mmm...SPKs mixed in buttery popcorn. Tix have already been purchased. Excitement? Well, after the stunning event that was the 2nd installment of this franchise, excitement levels on my end are at all time lows. My hope is that going in with no (or perhaps negative) expectations will provide me with a chance to thoroughly enjoy said movie. We'll see. As it is, almost 3 hours of Johnny Depp is never a bad thing.
  • Tomorrow I am getting my hair cut. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. I just know it's time for change because it's currently driving me insane.
  • I'm also helping my sister with a program she's writing tomorrow.
  • And possibly having a BBQ for Tim's family. That's up in the air.
  • I should probably try and do some homework, too.
  • Sunday is church, then a BBQ with my family.
  • I forsee lots of grilled pork products in my future...who said it wasn't going to be a good weekend?
  • Monday we're supposed to go to a BBQ with our Sunday school class. Since just typing this list is making me tired, I'm not sure what the percent chance that we'll actually hit that is. Guess we'll see.

So...what are your plans? Doing anything fun to welcome Summer?

5 comments:

  1. I was just getting ready to call a friend and tell her we're too tired to do anything tonight. I just want to sleep! BBQ pork is always a good thing though...perhaps we'll rustle up a BBQ of our own. But then, I'd feel compelled to clean the house. Ugh. I also plan to get my hair cut/colored(?) tomorrow. And have coffee in the morning with a friend and then she promised to set us up with an art project (something sure to present itself with blog fodder ;-). That's it. Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to do our (ahem) spring cleaning.

    I'm...looking forward to it.

    And I have some oceanfront property in Midland to sell y'all, as well.

    Happy Memorial Day weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you think of pirates? I haven't seen it yet, but thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Food, guns, and bikes. It doesn't get much better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:53 AM

    We enjoy 'On The Border' as well. Especially the chips and salsa. Yummy...

    ReplyDelete